- Texas wants its gold back inside the state's borders
- After year of Washington legal pot sales, taxes top $70M
- 66 riders safely evacuated after 400-foot Ferris wheel stops
- Matt Stonie tops Joey Chestnut in hot dog eating contest
- Fidel Castro makes first public appearance in months
- Slain woman's parents focused on healing, not 'sanctuary'
- Utility drones could inspect equipment, scan for outages
- 9 injured when fireworks explode in crowd
- Putin congratulates U.S. on Independence Day
- Stonie upsets Chestnut at Nathan's annual Hot Dog Eating Contest
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Jul 04, 11:37 AM
NEW YORK (AP) — Matt Stonie shocked the competitive eating world Saturday by upsetting Joey "Jaws" Chestnut at the Fourth of July hot dog eating contest at Nathan's Famous in Coney Island, thwarting Chestnut's bid for a ninth straight victory. Stonie, 23, who finished second last year, downed 62 hot dogs and buns, beating Chestnut by two. Both are from San Jose, California. As thousands of ...
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Jul 04, 05:45 PM
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Abby Wambach remembers the date by heart: July 17, 2011. That was the day the United States lost to Japan in the Women's World Cup title match in Germany. The Americans get a rematch on Sunday when the teams meet again in the final, this time in Canada. The U.S. women are favored, and there figures to be a mostly pro-American crowd making the short trip ...